We are The Electric Jukebox Company.
We operate a music service (our “Service”) which is accessible through one of our own Electric Jukebox products (our “Product”) which you plug into a power source and one of your own compatible devices using the device’s HDMI port. The Service is operated by Magic Media Works Limited trading as The Electric Jukebox Company (“Electric Jukebox”, “we”, “our”, and “us”).
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), any personal data provided to or gathered by us is controlled as a data controller by Magic Media Works Limited whose registered address is c/o TTKW, 13-15 Moorgate, London, EC2R 6AD.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- 1. personal data that you provide when you use the website or the Music Service. This may include any information you give us by filling in forms on the website or Service, including when you register to use our website or Service, place an order through the website or Service, post material or request further services or information. The personal data you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial information and personal description. All credit card information is entered into the payment system of our payment providers, and we do not see or keep these details;
- 2. personal data that third parties provide to us about you. For example, if, at any time, we enable you to connect your Electric Jukebox account with a social network, we may collect personal data from the social network in accordance with your privacy settings on that social network;
- 3. personal data relating to any transaction you make on the website or Service. We may also collect information about your usage, such as when and how often you use our website and Service;
- 4. if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and your contact details;
- 5. personal data you provide to us when you set up a new profile on the Service. Please do not provide us with any personal data of any other person without their express consent and without telling them about this policy;
- 6. data that you upload to, or choose to share through, our website and Service including profile information, your interests, likes and dislikes or any other personal data and content that you upload or share; and
- 7. data about your music listening preferences and behaviour which we may automatically collect. This may include the tracks you play (including how many times you play them and how long you listen to them for), the frequency of your use of the Service, the playlists you curate, the tracks you mark as favourites, and the tracks you indicate you like or dislike; and
- 8. data that you provide us by entering into any promotions, or completing surveys on our website or Service or as carried out by our approved third parties.
In addition to collecting personal data, we may collect non-personal data on our server logs from your browser as well as through other analysis of the website. Non-personal data we may collect includes without limitation your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, cookie information (as described below), the pages you request, type of computer operating system you use (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), the type of browser you use (e.g., Firefox or Internet Explorer), the domain name of the Internet service provider, Product serial number and details of your visits to, and use of, our website and Service including, but not limited to, the pages you view or search for on the website, page interaction information, traffic data, location data, demographic information, weblogs and other communication data.
Uses made of the information we collect
We maintain policies designed to limit access to your personal data to those Electric Jukebox employees, service providers, and agents who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- 1. to ensure that content on our website and Service is presented in the most effective manner for you and the device from which you are accessing the website or Service;
- 2. to provide you or permit selected third parties to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- 3. to check and verify your identity and prevent or detect crime;
- 4. to enforce our Terms and Conditions;
- 5. to manage promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires;
- 6. to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- 7. to allow you to participate in the features of our website and Service, when you choose to do so;
- 8. to allow you to carry out transactions with our retail and payment partners through our website, Service and third party websites;
- 9. to generate personalised recommendations for you based on your use of the Service and website;
- 10. to understand your listening behavior to develop and improve our products and services;
- 11. to provide sales and usage reports to our content suppliers;
- 12. to personalise the Service and website to you;
- 13. to provide user support, process any complaints or enquiries made by you and to tell you about changes to our website and Service;
- 14. for reporting and analytics purposes;
- 15. to administer, operate and improve our website and Service; and
- 16. to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve you and to deliver relevant or targeted advertising to you.
We will only store your information as long as is necessary for these purposes or as required by law.
Disclosure of your information
Your personal data will not be sold to other organisations, unless you consent for us to do so.
In select circumstances, we may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- 1. in the event of any reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or disposition of all or any portion of our business or operations (including without limitation in connection with bankruptcy or any similar proceedings), we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller buyer, transferee or successor of such business or assets;
- 2. for the purposes of complying with any reporting obligations owed to rights holders and content suppliers. This may include disclosing data (on an anonymised basis) about how you use the Service, how much you pay for the Service and the Product, the tracks you listen to (including for how long and how many times), the tracks you mark as being favourites, likes or dislikes and any other information concerning your use of the music on our Service as we may be required to disclose under any agreements we enter into with rights holders and content suppliers;
- 3. where you have chosen to receive promotional and marketing information, in which case we may also use your personal data (including your email address) to provide you with information regarding any products, services and promotions offered by us and trusted third parties that may be of interest to you; and
- 4. if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (including without limitation government requests, subpoenas, court orders or legal process), establish our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. We may also provide information about you if we believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, for example analysing data, providing marketing assistance, fulfilling orders, supplying content and processing and storing credit card details. They have access to personal data required to perform their functions, but are not permitted to use it for any other purposes. They must process the personal data in accordance with this policy, and must adhere to all applicable laws.
Third parties with whom we may share your personal data under this policy may be located outside the European Economic Area (EEA) in countries whose laws offer a lower degree of protection for your personal data than in the UK. We will, nonetheless, do our best to use appropriate means to ensure that those third parties abide by this policy and the US, UK and EU’s laws on data protection.
When you use the website or Service, certain information may be stored locally on your device using ‘cookies’. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your browser or your device’s local storage. Cookies store limited information about the user of the device, such as the device model, manufacturer, screen resolution, device capabilities, service provider and country and city location data. This helps us to identify how users use our website and Service so that we can continue to develop and improve them and so that we can provide you with content which is more relevant to your interests. We may also use this information for reporting and analytics purposes.
We use the following cookies on our Service:
- – Google Analytics
- – AdWords
- – YouTube
- – BingAds
- – Taboola
- – DoubleClick
- – Yahoo! Gemini
For more information about what cookies are and how they can be controlled, please visit the third party educational resource www.allaboutcookies.org.
Where we store your personal data
The personal data that we collect from you is stored on information technology systems located in the EEA which are operated by us or on our behalf. Some data processing is carried out on our behalf by third parties which may operate outside the EEA. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
All information you provide to us is stored on our servers (or the servers of our suppliers). Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We use reasonable industry-accepted technology and controls to protect your data from disclosure to unauthorized third parties. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Although these measures are typically effective, use of the internet and related computer systems is inherently vulnerable to unauthorized access or “hacking.” No guarantee can be given that all information you provide to us will not be accessed by unauthorized persons. Thus, please note that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, and any transmission is at your own risk.
Certain parts of our website and Service may include social networking features. Please ensure that when you use these features, you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
Our website and Service are not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect the personal data of children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please stop using the website and Service and do not provide us with any personal data whatsoever. If you are a minor over the age of 13, you may visit, browse and use the information on the website, but we strongly recommend that you seek permission from your parent or guardian before submitting any personal data to the website.
If we become aware that a website user is under age 13 and has provided personal data, we will take steps to expeditiously remove his or her personal data from our files.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at the information below.
Under California law, web site operators are required to disclose how they respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms that provide consumers with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable data of a consumer over time and across third party website, to the extent the operator engages in that collection. At this time, we do not track our customers’ personally identifiable data over time and across third-party websites. This law also requires website operators to disclose whether third parties may collect personally identifiable data about their users’ online activities over time and across different websites when the users use the operator’s website. We do not knowingly permit third parties to collect personally identifiable data about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different websites when a consumer uses our website.
Access to information for UK residents
If you are a resident in the UK, the Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Third party websites
Our website and Service may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our retail partners, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We reserve the right to change this policy, at any time. If we change this policy, we will update the date listed above. Your continued use of the website and Service after we post notification of a changed policy means that you agree with our updated policy. If you do not agree with our updated policy, you may not use our website and Service.
How to contact us
Magic Media Works Limited trading as The Electric Jukebox Company is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 09054377. Our registered office is at c/o TTKW, 13-15 Moorgate, London, EC2R 6AD.